The staff, parents, administration and community of Burchfield Elementary School believe:
- All children can learn
- A caring, positive and structured environment is conductive to student achievement
- Alternative teaching strategies will ensure individual student needs at all levels
- Technological opportunities help prepare students for their future
- Educating students is the joint responsibility of the home, school and community
- Students can develop a positive self-concept
- Assessment is on-going to meet students' needs.
- The decision/policy making process should be a collaborative effort among all stakeholders.